Saturday, August 30, 2014

2014 August 30 - Morning Manna

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.
(Hebrews 6:1-3)
 
Today's Morsel: If you were to get out of the way and let Jesus do what He wants to do in your life, where could you be in Christ.  One of the reasons I believe that many folks struggle in their walk with Christ is that they keep self in the way.  Jesus told us in His word, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple"(Luke 14:26-27).  The word hate here means to love less.  In other words, all of the those mentioned by Jesus have to be loved less than Him or we can never be His disciples.  But what I have found is when my love for Jesus is first, my love for others is increased through Him. If you want to be perfected in the things of Christ, put Him first and order will come into your life.
 
Sing: He's changing me, my Blessed Savior. I'm not the same person that I used to be. Well it's been slow going, but there's a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

Thought for Today: If perfection is your goal, it's obtainable. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment