Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2012 September 5 - Morning Manna

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. (1 John 5:6-9)
Today's Morsel: If you've ever had to appear in court as a witness, they wanted you to tell the truth. But have you ever noticed that people who are trying to be a witness for someone who is guilty seem to have a very hard time telling the truth. And it isn't long before they get the guilty party in more trouble, because they get caught in lie after lie because often times they aren't actually aware of what actually even happened.
John said it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. He said that the witness of God is greater than any witness of man. When a person is a true witness, the spirit will bear this out. Jesus told His disciples not to be concerned with what to say, because the spirit would speak for them (my words), because the witness of God is the Spirit of God. And the Spirit of God bears record with our spirit that we are the sons of God. What does that mean? It mean that when God's spirit is within you, your actions, your attitude, your thoughts, mind-set, feelings, stance and position, and how you approach certain situations and circumstance will reflect God. This is why Galatians 5:22-23 is called the fruit of the spirit, because it reveals God's character. This is why John said, "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (1 John 1:6). In other words, you're a false witness. Jesus said through the prophet Isaiah, "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God" (Isaiah 43:10-12). If Jesus chose us to be His witnesses, are you a good witness for Him? Do your life, actions, and attitude reveal him. If you were on trial for knowing and being with Jesus, would you be found guilty?
Sing: Dear Lord I'll be a witness, if you will help my weakness, I know that I'm not worthy, Lord, of Thee. By eyes of faith I see Thee, Upon the cross of Calvary; dear Lord I cry, let me Thy servant be.
Jesus, use me and Lord don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do; and even though it's humble, Lord, help my will to crumble, though the cost be great I'll work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment