Monday, September 10, 2012

2012 September 10 - Morning Manna

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
(Proverbs 2:6)
Today's Morsel: I asked a young man who was appearing before the board for his ministerial license how he knew that the Bible was true. He said, "I just know it." I then asked him if he could prove it to me by scripture. When he looked a little confused, I told him to open his Bible to 1 Peter 1:20-21; which reads, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost"(2 Peter 1:20-21). And then I told him to turn to 2 Timothy 3:16-17, which reads, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17). You don't need to defend the Bible, the Bible can defend itself because Jesus is the Word made flesh (John 1:14). Scripture says that out of the mouth of God comes knowledge and understanding. When we see in Scripture Jesus speaking to anyone, they were always confounded by His knowledge and understanding. The religious people wanted to know where He had obtained such knowledge and understanding. "Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?" Job 38:1-2). And Job said, "Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth"(Job 40:4). Job said, I'm just going to be quiet and listen to what you have to say because Your wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, is far above what I could ever think. "If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak," Jesus said (John 12:47-50). You see, when God speaks, we all better listen, because judgment day is coming.
Sing: I'll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way, I'll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey; when Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment