Friday, September 14, 2012

2012 September 14 - Morning Manna

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest. (Psalms 95:6-11)


Today's Morsel: I have noticed that a hard heart isn't cause by anyone else but we ourselves. Many people who overspend, charge things when they know that they can't afford it become angry, distressed, and mad at others because of their own doing. And they build walls around their heart and others can't get in to help them. It's soon everyone else's fault for their own doing. They blame the rich. Or they blame their up bring. Or maybe they even blame the government for their own wrong doing.

The psalmist said that Israel hardened their heart through their unbelief and could not enter the Promise Land. It wasn't anyone else's doing but their own. If they would have just believed, they could have walked into the Promise Land. But no, they didn't believe and they tempted God and missed out on their promise. Anytime we allow things to harden our hearts, others don't lose out, we do. If we are prejudice, it hurts us. If we are distressed, it hurts us. If we have envy and jealous in our hearts, it hurts us not someone else. We are told to not harden our hearts. Jesus said that our heart is the soil where the seed (the Word) is sown. If it's hard, the devil is going to take the Word that Jesus sends our way. The world is going to choke it out of us and the trials of life are going to pluck it up by its roots. If you hear God speaking to you, don't put a wall around your heart, but keep it soft so the Word can get in. When you go to worship, make sure your heart is right. You don't want to miss out on your promise.


Sing: Create in me a clean heart, O' God, and renew a right Spirit within me. Create in me a clean heart, O' God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, O' God. Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thou salvation, and renew a right Spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment