Monday, September 17, 2012

2012 September 17 - Morning Manna

LORD, in trouble have they visited thee, they poured out a prayer when thy chastening was upon them. (Isaiah 26:16)
Today's Morsel: Why did Benjamin Franklin say 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'? The meaning, in brief, is that if we prevent a problem from occurring in the first place, it will save a great deal more time, effort and cost than it would than trying to repair the damage done later because we hadn't paid attention to possible problems earlier. Therefore, a little preparation to keep something from going wrong in the first place is better than having to do a lot of work to fix it once it breaks or it is better to prevent a problem from occurring than to fix it afterwards. Isaiah said that when God begins to chasten us, then we start to pray (my wording). Wouldn't it be better to pray to God before we are in trouble or His hand of wrath is upon us? It's amazing how many people seem to know how to ask God for help when they are in trouble, but at other times they don't want to have anything to do with Him. I believe that the more we pray to God, the more we understand the love of God, and we have less problems we will face because the Spirit will order our steps according to His Word. If an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, then I believe a daily time in prayer can prevent a heap of troubles.
Sing: Lord I can't even walk, without you holding my hand. The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide; down on my knees, that's where I learn to pray, and I can't even walk, without youholding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment