Monday, June 4, 2012

2012 June 4 - Morning Manna

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face. I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children. (Psalms 69:5-8)


Today's Morsel: One of the toughest things for us all is to admit our sins. We all know when we do what isn't right. But for some reason we allow our flesh to control our emotions and turn our hearts from doing the right thing by repenting and seeking forgiveness from God. John said that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). David knew how important it was to recognize his sins and to admit them to God. This is an essential step toward recovery in our own life from any wrong or sin. We must accept responsibility for our actions and for what we have done in the past that may have brought about our sins. Then, like David, we should turn to God for forgiveness and restoration. The same way that God forgave David, He will forgive you if you will come to Him with a broken spirit and a contrite heart; because these things God will not despise.


Sing: One drop of blood washed away all my guilt and shame, he swept over my soul, removed all the hurt and pain, there's not even a spot, down in my heart, in fact, it's better than new; for it's amazing to me, what one drop of blood can do; and it's amazing to me, what one drop of blood can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment