Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2012 June 27 - Morning Manna

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Psalms 118:22-29)
Today's Morsel: It's amazing to me, how some people can take things that others discard and make a fortune out of them. I like to walk into antique shops and just look around. Some of the stuff I see in those places I say to myself, "As a kid I used a lot of those things, and now people are selling them for three to four time more then what we paid for them." I guess the person who said that one man's junk is another man's treasure was correct.
The psalmist said, "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes." God's ways aren't our ways and we often hear this in the church. What some people may cast aside as unfit for use, God uses to do His work. Some of you may have been a drunk, druggie, or called trash by some folks. But God saw the good in you when everyone else around you could only see the worst in you. Sometimes you may feel that your life is beyond repair and that God won't use you for anything significant. But what I've found is that God often time use things and people that others had written off as no good. When we look at the men Jesus chose to preach this Gospel, it makes you shake your head. But God's ways aren't ours are they? Paul told Timothy, "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work" (2 Timothy 2:20-21). When the world writes you off and casts you aside, Jesus will pick you up and use you in His building crew. He loves those that the world classifies as no good.
Sing: He saw the best in me, when everyone else around me, could only see the worst in me. You see He’s mine, and I am His. It doesn’t matter what I did, He only sees me for who I am; because He only see the best in me, when everyone else around me, could only see the worst in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment