Friday, June 29, 2012

2012 June 29 - Morning Manna

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. (Psalms 119:9-16)



Today's Morsel: Psalms 119:9 and John 15:3 say that we are cleansed by the Word of God. The writer of Hebrews tells us, "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water"(Hebrews 10:22). And Peter tells us, "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:22-23). When we obey God's Word, it produces wholeness within us. Therefore, it would seem logical that we should do everything we can to obey iI. If we want to know what God's will is for us, then we have to study His Word. God has left clear guidelines for us to follow if we want to be His servants and reign with Him after this life. He has also promised to help us carry out anything He may ask us to do (Matthew 28:20). When we study and apply God's Word to our lives, it should be a joyful experience that will plant God's truth in our mind and in our hearts. As the psalmist said, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."


Sing: Born again, there has been a change in me. Born again, just like Jesus said. Born again, and all because of Calvary, I'm so glad that I've been born again.

No comments:

Post a Comment