Saturday, June 23, 2012

2012 June 23 - Morning Manna

And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was taken. When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken: and when they sought him, he could not be found. Therefore they enquired of the LORD further, if the man should yet come thither. And the LORD answered, Behold, he hath hid himself among the stuff. And they ran and fetched him thence: and when he stood among the people, he was higher than any of the people from his shoulders and upward. (1 Samuel 10:20-23)
Today's Morsel: Many people spend their entire life in a state of hiding, ashamed of who they are inside. They may hide by living a double life, by using drugs, alcohol or other addictions to make them feel like someone else. They may spend thousands or even millions on make-up, clothing, jewelry, or other things trying to hide who they really are. After Adam and Eve had sinned in the garden, they realized they were naked and so when they heard the voice of God, they hid themselves from His presence. When God chose Saul to be king of Israel, he hid himself amongst the stuff. When the people were saying where is he, he was hiding from who he was. He was now their king. He was now the one chosen to lead. But He was hiding. One of the things I've learned in my life is that when the real person comes out, you are going to have to deal with some muck. But the best way to deal with the mask I was wearing was to take it off. I had to come clean. I had to make known to myself who I really was. And so when I gave my heart and life to Jesus, I was no longer ashamed for who I was. I realized that I was now a child of the King, and that kings kids don't have to hide because they are royalty.
Sing: I'm trading my sorrow, I'm trading my shame, I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord. I'll say yes, lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment