Friday, February 3, 2012

2012 February 3 - Morning Manna

Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? (Job 38:22-23)

Today's Morsel:  Last year, a young lady from our College Crew said that she had to write a poem about the snow.  I told her that I would write it for her.  And so I did.  She was so surprised that I did it. But she chose not to use it, because she knew that she couldn't turn in someone else's writings as her own.  I told her that I really appreciated her integrity.  Let me share what I wrote with you.

Have you entered into the treasure of the snow? With all its beauty, white, glistening, and all aglow?

One flake, two flakes, thousands and more, one flake upon another, compact together all of its kind when joined together the beauty we can all find.

When we join together as the beauty of snow, our unity is seen by those who may not yet know.

Snow  is clean, pure, and white the way our hearts will be when we do what is right.

Have you entered in to the treasure of the snow? What treasure can there be? A pearl, a diamond, or a golden ring?  No one really knows but our master and king.

I wonder what is hidden in the treasure of the snow? I'll just keep on searching until someday I will know.
  
Sing: He is fairer than the lily of the valley, He is brighter than the morning star, He is purer than the snow, fresher than the breeze, lovelier than all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment