Saturday, February 11, 2012

2012 February 11 - Morning Manna

Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD (Lamentations 3:19-26).
Today's Morsel: Whether we know it or not, inside each of us is that spirit of compassion even though many may not display it. There are those times when we see things that happen, such as disasters, murders, shootings, robberies, and such, and it grips our heart strings and we cry. Crying doesn't mean that you are weak. I believe that crying is one of the ways that God has made us to express our inner feelings. In many ways, crying is a cleansing. The Bible says that even Jesus wept (John 11:35) and we are created in His image. Therefore, it isn't a bad thing to cry. Sometimes our crying are tears of joy, while other times they may be tears of sadness. But John,lets us know that one day those of us who will rein forever with Jesus, will have all of our tears wiped away. There will be no tears of sadness, loneliness, or pain for us, because those former things will all be passed away. Are you looking for that day? Jeremiah said that it is of the Lords mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Each morning God, renews His compassion towards us. His loving-kindness, mercifulness, sympathy and forgiveness come to us each day. The psalmist admonishes, "Lord if thou would judge iniquities who could stand? But there is forgiveness with thee that thou should be feared." Compassion. His sympathy towards us. His willingness to help us is renewed each and every morning. I wonder how many times each of us didn't get what we deserved because of His mercy.
Sing: Mercy there was great and grace was free, pardon there was multiplied to me; There my burdened soul found liberty, at Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment