Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 February 28 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meekand lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke iseasy, and my burden is light.  (Matthew 11:28-30)

Today'sMorsel:  What is stress?  Stress is mental, emotional, or physical strain caused by anxiety or overworking. It may cause such symptoms as raised blood pressure or depression.  It is caused by the demands placed upon our bodies. If you are suffering from extreme stress or long-term stress, your body will eventually wear itself down.  But sometimes, small amounts of stress can actually be good for us. Understanding our stress level is important.  If nothing in our life causes us any stress or excitement, we may become bored or may not be living up to our potential.  If everything in our life, or large portions of our life, cause us stress, we may experience health or mental problems that will make our behavior worse.  Recognizing when we are stressed and managing our stress can greatly improve our life.  Some short-term stress; for example, what we feel before an important job presentation, test, interview, or sporting event;  may give us the extra energy we need to perform at our best.  But long-term stress; for example, constant worry over our job, school, church or family; may actually drain our energy and our ability to perform well.  Everyone faces stress. But the key is learning how to manage it and not allow it to manage you.  Knowing that we would face stress, Jesus says,"Come unto me, all ye that labourand are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learnof me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto yoursouls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Are you feeling alittle stress today? Then why not go to Jesus and allow Him to give you rest.Remember, He is the antidote for the troubled mind (John 14:1-2).

Sing: When I am burdened, or weary and sad, Jesus is all I need; never He fails to uplift and make glad, Jesus is all I need.  All that I need He will always be, all that I need till His face I see; All that I need through eternity, Jesus is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment