Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 January 4 - Morning Manna

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psalms 73:25-26)

Today's Morsel:  What treasures have you laid up in heaven?  Just what do you own in heaven?  If we were to check closely, we would realize that the only thing we have in heaven is Jesus, as He owns everything else.  If He's our desire, then that will be where our hearts are.  Heaven is His home and the earth is His footstool.  Our hopes and desires should be to be where He is.  Peter said, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.... Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:8&13).  Peter was a man whose goal was heaven.  What about you?  Do you want to go where your heart and hopes are?  Jesus said that where your treasures are, there will your heart be also.  Our number one desire, whether in heaven or on the earth, should be Jesus.  If we keep Him at the center of our hearts and minds, everything else will work out just fine.

Sing:  God is the joy and the strength of my life, He moves all pain, misery, and strife. He promised to keep me, never to leave me. He's never ever come short of His word.  I've got to fast and pray, stay in His narrow way, keep my life clean everyday; I want to go with Him when He comes back, I've come to far and I'll never turn back.

Chorus: God is, God is, God is, God is; God is my all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment