Friday, January 14, 2011

2011 January 14 - Morning Manna

And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified
(John 12:20-23).

Today's Morsel: When is the last time you went to church looking for Jesus?  Did you go to church to see Him or someone else?  Are you one of those that just checks the block to say, "Well, I went to church this week", or do you go to see Jesus?  Some folk go to church just to see other people.  Maybe a boy friend or girl friend. Or maybe they are looking for a future spouse.  Their motive isn't Jesus, but someone or something else.  The scripture says that there were certain Greeks that came to worship and they told Philip, "Sir, we would see Jesus."  I don't know about you, but when I go to church, I'm like these Greeks, I want to see Jesus.  I want to see the Spirit moving in the place.  I want to see people being filled with the Holy Ghost.  I want to see people being baptized in His name. I want to hear people talking about what Jesus has done for them in their lives.  I really only want to see Jesus.  I don't care what people are wearing nor who the preacher is, as long as he's making it plain where I can see Jesus. 
 
As the story is told of a visiting minister who was preaching at an old southern church.  He was preaching his heart out, and he went on and on for almost an hour, but never made mention of Jesus. So finally, and elderly lady, who could take it no more, stood up and pointed her finger towards the minister, and with a loud voice shouted, "Get Him up now!"  In other words, Jesus isn't dead so start talking about Him and let us see Him.

Sing:  O' I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace, on the streets of glory, let me lift my voice; cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment