Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 January 18 - Morning Manna

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength (Isaiah 26:3-4).
 
Today's Morsel: Telescopes are some neat gadgets. This device makes distant objects appear nearer and larger by means of compound lenses or concave mirrors. Back in the days of 110 film cameras, which many of you probably don't remember, when I would be sightseeing and come upon a site that had a telescope, I would put my 110 camera lens right up against the telescope lens and take a far away picture.  I was often surprised at the pictures that I got back. Some were very clear and beautiful.  Jesus said, "If our eye be single, the whole body will be full of light."  In other words, if we keep our focus upon Him, as He is the light, our body would be full of light. When our focus is on Jesus, we can see what we are looking for and where we are heading.  Isaiah said that He will keep him in perfect peaces whose mind is stayed on Him.  Do you have peace of mind?  I've heard many people say, "I think I'm losing my mind."  It's hard to lose your mind when it is stayed on Jesus. Where is your focus?  Is it on Jesus, or are you looking elsewhere for your peace?  Because He is the Prince of Peace, He is able to keep you in prefect peace. Prefect peace is peace without worry. Peace without cares. Peace without bothersome times.  It is tranquility.  It i's calmness.  As one writer wrote, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."   He said, "God grant me the peace to accept the things I cannot change."  When we can't change our situation, if our  focus is on Jesus, we will retain peace during it all.  Paul said, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).  Stay focused!

Sing:  I know the peace speaker, I know Him by name, I know the peace speaker, He controls and winds and rain; when He says, peace be still, it has to obey, I know the peace speaker, yes I know Him by name.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete