Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 January 17 - Morning Manna


Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31-32)

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Today's Morsel:  Freedom! What comes to your mind when you hear that word?  Whether many know it or not, they, like some of the children of Israel, were born into slavery.  Paul said, by one man (Adam) disobedience made many sinners, but by one man's (Jesus Christ) obedience, were many made righteous.  When we are slaves to sin, we have no freedom.  As Solomon said, "The ways of a transgressor is hard."  It isn't easy being a sinner.  Don't let the world fool you.  Sinning in hard business.  You have to cheat, lie, steal, deceive, and compromise your integrity to be a sinner.  When you are a sinner you have to be on the lookout for who is going to backstab you at every corner. There isn't any freedom in this way of life.   But Solomon also said that a just man is satisfied from himself.  In other words when I am free from me, I'm free.  And that's what Jesus came to do, to make me free.
In August 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King, stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and spoke about bringing about justices for all. At the end of his famous, "I have a dream speech," he concluded with these words, "When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
Are you free?
Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt, but Jesus came and listened to me, glory to God, He set me free.
He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bars of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God He set me free!

No comments:

Post a Comment