Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2010 October 5 - Morning Manna

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
(Acts 2:36-39)


Today's Morsel: In January, our Daughter, called all excited that our Grandson had just received the Holy Ghost in their morning church service. And then she called back in the evening service so we could hear him speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gave him the utterance. Then, on September 5, she called all excited again that our Granddaughter had just received the Holy Ghost, same sign, and was getting ready to be baptized by her Dad after morning service. Thank God that His promise is still as true today as when it was spoken over 2,000 years ago. On the Day of Pentecost when Peter said that the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call, he was speaking prophetically of this day and time also. The Holy Ghost just wasn't for the Day of Pentecost, as some teach, but it is still for us today. When He prayed in the Garden, Jesus said, "Neither pray I for these alone, (His disciples) but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:20). The Holy Ghost comes by believing in Jesus Christ, because neither is there salvation in any other. I think the apostle John said it best when he said, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" (3 John 1:4).

Sing: I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul, just like the Bible says. I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul, just like the Bible says. Well, I've been to the water and I've been baptized in Jesus Name, my soul got happy and I'm so satisfied. I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now, just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible says!

No comments:

Post a Comment