Saturday, October 23, 2010

2010 October 23 - Morning Manna

But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness. For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?
(2 Corinthians 2:1-2)


Today's Morsel: Paul said that he had determined some things in his life. He said that he was determined not to make the church burdened or sad, because he would have to be the same one that would be required to make them glad. He said to them that he had determined to know nothing among them but Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Job said that he had made a covenant with his eyes that he would not look upon a maid (Job 31:1). The Psalmist said, "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes (Psalms 110:3). These men determined things in their lives. There must come a time in all of our lives that we determine things that we will or will not do. If we say that we are born again, then we must determine that we will not do anything contrary to the Word of God or His commandments. We must decide that we will serve no other God but Jesus Christ. We must settle on truth and not on error. We must establish within ourselves that we will not let go of truth, and we must resolve within ourselves that we are going to make heaven at all cost. And finally, we must also determine to keep others edified and exalted in Christ so that they, too, can become overcomers and make it to heaven as well.

Sing: I am determined to hold out unto the end. J esus is with me, on Him I can depend. For I know I have salvation, for I feel Him in my soul. I am determined to hold out to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment