Monday, March 8, 2010

8 March 2010 - Morning Manna

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8).

Today’s Morsel: Power projection (or force projection) is a term used in military and political science to refer to the capacity of a state to conduct expeditionary warfare, i.e. to intimidate other nations and implement policy by means of force, or the threat thereof, in an area distant from its own territory. The church is a force to be reckoned with. Any church that is able to direct its forces outside the limited bounds of its territory might be said to have some level of power projection capability, but the term itself is used most frequently in reference to militaries with a worldwide reach (or at least significantly broader than one's own immediate area). Jesus said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Mark 16:15-18); “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28:18-20). The church must always be looked at as a military force to be reckoned with, because we are in a spiritual warfare. Every member in the church has to be involved if that church is going to be seen as a power projecting force. Churches who do not support missions, by either supporting other missionaries monetarily or sending forth missionaries from its rank, are not a power projecting church, because it is unable to reach beyond its own boundaries. The enemy isn’t afraid of these churches, because they are exposing their weakness. We are the church. Jesus said, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:8). Are you in full support of the great commission? Does Satan see you as a force to be reckoned with? I say that it’s time that we project our power against his forces and set the captives free.

Sing: I’m going to the enemy’s camp, I’m gonna, take back what he stole from me. I’m going to the enemy’s camp, I’m gonna, take back what he stole from me. He’s under my feet, under my feet, under my feet, he’s under my feet, Satan is under my feet.