Saturday, March 20, 2010

20 March 2010 - Morning Manna

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually (Job 1:1-5).


Today’s Morsel: Have you ever wondered why Job was able to endure when He went through what he went through in his life? The answer lies in the fact that Job had prepared himself while he was still in his right mind. You can’t wait until trials and circumstances hit you and then decide you want to serve God and stand strong in Him. You need to do it while you are in your right mind, as trials and circumstances will wear you out and prevent you from being able to think right and make intelligent decisions. Joseph didn’t wait until he was sold as a slave to Potiphar to decide he wouldn’t lay with Potiphar’s wife, he made that decision while he was still in his right mind. As he told her, “There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God” (Genesis 39:9)? You can’t wait until it seems as if there is no hope for you, you have to decide now that you are going to serve God and worship Him in every situation life may bring. If you don’t decide when you are in your right mind, as soon as you begin to have problems or trials come, your focus will be on your problems instead of Jesus who can give you strength to endure in any circumstance. When Job was hit with the first wave of the storm, he worshipped God because it was already in him to do so. So let me encourage you today, settle some things in your life today before you face trials or difficult circumstances. One of those things should be that nothing will be able to separate you from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sing: I’ve got my mind made up to serve the Lord! I’ve got my mind made up to service the Lord. I’ve got my mind made up, I’ve got my mind, I’ve got my mind made up to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment