Thursday, March 25, 2010

2010 March 25 - Morning Manna

But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak (1 Corinthians 8:9)


Today’s Morsel: One of the responsibilities that every country has is that of protecting its citizens. But how do you feel when people begin to use that freedom for the wrong reason? How do you feel when you see people demonstrating against your government when you know, in your heart, that they only have your best and their best interest at heart? Jesus came to set the captives free, but many of the people He set free are misusing their freedom. They are using the freedom and liberty for the wrong reason. Many of them speak blaspheme against Him. They use His name in vain. They denounce the church, not realizing that the church's goal is to help them and their families continue to enjoy the freedom that Jesus came to give us all. When people do not understand the mission of the church, they denounce the church. Paul was using his freedom to arrest and persecute Christians until he met Jesus on the road to Damascus (Acts 9) and Jesus asked him, Saul, Saul why are you persecuting me? In other words, Paul, what have I done to you that you are doing this? Don’t you understand what I did by giving my life was for you, too. Until people really understand what it means to be free, they will never understand true freedom. You see, those who denounce the church don’t understand freedom. They haven’t talked to the man or woman that has been delivered from an addiction of drugs and alcohol, to hear their story after coming in contact with Jesus. They don’t know that man or woman who has been delivered from sexual or physical abuse. They haven’t talked to the person whose finances have been restored, or whose prodigal son or daughter has come home from a cesspool of sin. Paul said that we should not allow our liberty to become a stumbling block to them that are weak. Don’t use your liberty for the wrong reason, but use it for worshipping the King of kings and Lord of lords. Freedom isn't free!

Sing: Through You the blind will see. Through You the mute will sing. Through You the dead will rise. Through You all hearts will praise. Through You the darkness flees. Through You my heart screams, I am free!

I am free to run (I am free to run). I am free to dance (I am free to dance). I am free to live for you, (I am free to live for you). I am free (I am free), yes I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment