Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 25

Feeling Mighty Fine

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:14-18)

Today’s Morsel: When people ask me how I am doing, my reply is, “I’m blessed and highly favored of the Lord.”  You see, this world is not my home, I’m just passing through. I have no stock in this world anymore. I have followed Paul’s instructions to the church at Colossi when he said: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-4) My focus is on a better city and place. You see, if we focus on where God has brought us from, like the children of Israel, we may have the opportunity to want to return. That is why my focus is on where I am headed. My suffering here cannot compare to the glory I will receive when Jesus comes again if I remain faithful and true. So, I am feeling mighty fine. 

Sing: Let Him in, why don’t let Jesus come on in, open-up the window, open-up the door, and let Jesus come on in.  Let’s come on in, let Him come in, feeling mighty happy, feeling mighty fine, so, let Jesus come on in.


No comments:

Post a Comment