Friday, April 7, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 7

Fruit Trees

“And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.” (Genesis 1:11-13)

Today’s Morsel: Here in Wisconsin and Minnesota there are a lot of apple trees. One of my favorite apples is the Ambrosia, because it is a very sweet apple.  I wanted to start to grow my own, so I bought a tree and planted it.  I took care to plant it in the right location so it will get the proper amount of sun and light for growth.  Now I’m waiting for it to grow so I will have the apple I love and can share with others. But what sold me on the tree? It was the fruit. As branches on the tree of Jesus, if we do not get the right amount of Son and Light, and the right nourishment, we aren’t going present fruit with a sweet taste, nor a pleasing look for others to want the tree. If the character of Jesus isn’t revealed and seen in us, then others will want nothing to do with the tree. But if others can taste and see that He is good by our sweet disposition, our lives and character, then they just might purchase the same tree that you are a part of.

Sing: He gets sweeter as the years go by, sweeter as the years go by; He gets richer, fuller, deeper, Jesus’ love is sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the years go by.


No comments:

Post a Comment