Friday, October 9, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 October 2020

 

He Brought Me Out

 

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.(Psalms 40:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I like to remind myself where Jesus has brought me from.  You see, when you are sinking deep in sin and that seems to be the only way to go, because everyone else seems to be on the train with you, you seem to stay on that train or path until it destroys you.  But when I look back over my life, someone was praying for me.  Someone was interceding for God to reach down and save me.  And Jesus answered their prayer and He brought me up out of that horrible pit, out of that miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  And He has put a new song in my mouth, a praise unto our God.  And many have seen it, and fear, and have put their trust in the LORD because they knew who I was.  And I thank Christ Jesus daily for His love, saving grace, and power.  Because if it had not been for Him, my destiny was eternal damnation.   If He did it for me, He will do it for you. 

 

Sing:  I’ll tell of the pit, with its gloom and despair, I’ll praise the dear Father, who answered my prayer.  I’ll sing my new song, the glad story of love, then join in the chorus with the saints above.

He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on the Rock to stay; He put a song in my soul today, a song of praise hallelujah.

 

Thought For Today:  If you call Him, He will answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment