Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 October 2020

 

Attracted to Weakness

 

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”  (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Throughout scripture, we see that God hates pride, but He is attracted to weakness. Scripture says that when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion because He saw them as sheep without a shepherd.  It also tells us that His compassion is renewed every morning.  When we are weak, He is strong.  Because He is our heavenly Father, He sees when things are too much for us to bear and handle.  He is familiar with our capabilities and strength and knows when we need Him.  Notice, He knows when we need Him, not when we think that we need Him.  Some folks want Him to take care of every situation and circumstance.  If He did that, they would never learn or understand their capabilities and strength.  When Paul wanted Christ to remove the thorn from his flesh, He told him, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” He did not do what Paul wanted.  And so, Paul states, “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”  Paul learned that when we allow Christ's unmerited love and influence to operate in our lives, we will be strong enough to face and to handle anything that comes against us in our life.  Friend, think it not strange concerning the fiery trials which are to try you.  Allow God's grace to be sufficient for you.  

 

Sing:  Grace! Grace, God’s grace.  Grace that will pardon and cleanse within.  Grace, Grace, God’s grace.  Grace that is greater than all my sin.

 

Thought For Today:  But ye shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment