Friday, October 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 October 2020

 

Stop Leaning Unto Your Own Understanding

 

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  How many times have you heard someone tell someone else when they are going through things, “O’ just trust your heart.”  Solomon states, “He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.(Proverbs 28:26)  Why is trusting our own heart wrong you may ask?  Because Jeremiah informs us, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?(Jeremiah 17:9)  This is why it doesn’t pay for you to lean unto your own understanding or to trust your own heart.  The Bible says that it is in the multitude of counselors that there is safety.  When Jesus told His disciples in John 14:3-6, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”   Thomas said, "Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?"  Notice, he did not lean to his own understanding that he knew the way.  And so Jesus told him that He was the way.  Let me encourage you today to stop leaning to your own understanding and to start hiding God’s word in your heart.  It will ensure you have good counsel when you need it and also when you give others counsel it will be what God’s word says and not your own understanding.

 

Sing:  I'm learning how to lean and depend on Jesus' He’s my friend and He’s my guide.  I'm learning how to lean and depend on Jesus, I found out that if I will trust Him, He will provide.

 

Thought For Today: Don’t ever trust your own heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment