Saturday, October 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 October 2020

 

Just One Thing

 

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.(Psalms 27:4-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  If you could have one wish and it would be granted, what would it be?  I am sure most of us as kids and maybe not so young kids have said, “I wish I could have….”  But the problem is, we get one thing and we want something else.  Somewhat like my young granddaughter who wanted an M&M from my candy dish. She politely asked for one, but she soon realized that I would let her get away with two or three and so she seized the opportunity.  David said, “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me.”  Why don’t all Christians have this as their first request?   Is not in His presence fullness of joy and at His right hand there are pleasures forevermore?  What can compare to Him? Better is one day in His courts than ten thousand elsewhere.  Let me ask you again if you could wish for one thing, what would it be? 

 

Sing:  In this house, there is joy; in the house, there’s salvation for your soul.  In this house, your life can be made whole.  Everything you need is in this house.

 

Thought For Today:  Better is one day in His courts than ten thousand elsewhere.   

No comments:

Post a Comment