Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 December 2019


Self-Destruction

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.(Hosea 4:6)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the worst kinds of destruction is self-destruction.  Self-destructive behavior is any behavior that is harmful or potentially harmful towards the person who engages in the behavior.  One such self-destructive behavior I see in the church is, “Forced incompetence.”  This means people portraying themselves as unintelligent or incapable of successfully achieving something.  Forced incompetence usually stems from a lack of self- confidence in one’s abilities.  Such comments as “I’m afraid”, “I don’t think that I can,” “I’m not good enough to do that.”  are all comments of lack of self-confidence.  It may not look as self-destruction, but it is.  When we don’t use our talents for the kingdom we will soon self-destruct.  The enemy is always looking for Christians who do not engage in the kingdom.  They become his best weapons against God.  Another type of self-destructive behavior is refusing to accept godly counsel.  “For without me you can do nothing, Jesus said.” (John 15:5)  Through the Prophet Hosea, God said that His people were destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee.  When we refuse to accept God’s word to help us and obey what He is asking of us to do, we are heading for self-destruction.

Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning.  Give me oil in my lamp I pray.  Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning; keep me burning till the break of day.

Thought For Today: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.(2 Timothy 2:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment