Monday, December 2, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 December 2019


You Can Only Save You

The word of the LORD came again to me, saying, Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD. If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts: Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate. Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves. Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast: Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.(Ezekiel 14:12-20)
  
Today’s Morsel:  I’ve learned that one of the most frustrating things in ministry is trying to save people.  Even Moses smote the rock instead of speaking to it because of frustration of people. People must come to themselves and realize that they need to be saved.  As the old saying goes, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.”  He must make that choice for himself if he will drink or not.  The same is true with people.  You can show them what they need in life, and what they need to do to be saved, but the choice to accept and do it falls in their sandbox.  The Lord stated through the Prophet Ezekiel, “If I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men (Noah, Daniel, Job)were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.” We can’t save anyone. Maybe this is the reason Paul admonishes us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Philippians 2:12-13).  We must save ourselves from this untoward generation.

Sing:  Oh, my brother, are you ready for the call?  To crown your Savior King and Lord of all?  The kingdoms of this world shall soon before Him fall, we shall see the King when He comes.
We shall see the King, we shall see the King, we shall see the King when He comes.  He’s coming in power, we’ll hail the blessed hour, we shall see the King when He comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment