Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 December 2019


The Omniscience One

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.(Nahum 1:7)

Today’s Morsel:  Abraham Lincoln stated, “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."  Sooner or later someone will figure you out.  Scripture says that the Lord knoweth them that trust in him.  God is all knowing.  David said in Psalms 139:1-16 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.(Psalms 139:1-16)
We may be able to fool some people into thinking that we trust God, but we can’t fool God into thinking that we trust Him if we don't.  Either we do or we do not.  There is no gray area with God. It’s a yea or nay kind of life.  The Psalmist said, “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.” (Psalms 118:8-9) David said in Psalms 34:8, “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”  If God is good, and a strong hold or refuge in times of trouble, shouldn’t our trust be in Him?  Do you trust God?

Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the storm seas.  For come what may, from day to day, my heavenly Father watches over, over me.
I trust in God, I know He’s cares for me, upon the mountain bleak or on the raging seas.  Though billows roar, He keeps my soul.  My heavenly Father watches over, over me.

Thought For Today: God knows everything about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment