Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 February 2019

QUICKSANDS! KEEP OFF!
     Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” 
(Psalms 139:23-24)
 Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about quicksand is it’s a slow death if you fall into it and cannot be recovered.  Sad to say, many are in quicksand today.  They are in Satan’s grip and can’t seem to get out.  He is slowly pulling them under.  And it’s because they fail to heed the warning of God to stay clear.  The Bible, which is God’s book rather than man’s, deals so strongly and wisely with one great evil, which has manifested itself in every age and in every state of society.  And that is our thoughts.  It speaks boldly and plainly; and who will meditate on its teaching with a prayerful heart will be saved from many painful snares.  If we fall it will only be due to our having refused to heed the voice that speaks to us from its pages.  The greatest caution that we must all observe is in the control of our thoughts. The soul must never be left open to the tides of suggestive thoughts that break our relationship with Christ During medieval times, as soon as darkness fell, the watchman kept the gate.  This world is dark.  And we must remain sober and alert to keep watch at our eye-gate, ear-gate, and touch-gate, lest some thought of evil gain entrance and destroy us.  His word will protect us if we will obey it.
Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.  But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.

Thought For Today: The gate to your soul is through your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment