Monday, February 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 February 2019

The Best Things in Life Are Free

O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth. Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods” (Psalms 96:1-4).

Today’s Morsel:  My grandson, like his mother, can impersonate people.  One of his favorites songs that he likes to do is “Gone Fishing” by Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby.  The scriptures tell us to sing unto the Lord a new song.  What I have found is that the right song can lift people up out of depression and motivate them to keep going.  Singing costs you nothing.  God has given every one of us this ability free of charge.  As worship leader at church, I find myself reverting to the older hymns, just making up my own words, or singing a psalm.  No matter what it is, I do my very best to sing it unto the Lord.  He inhabits our praise, and I think I sound pretty good; at least I know I do to The Lord. What about you?  Sing and make melody in your heart.  

Sing:  O’ the moon belongs to everyone, the best things in life are free.
The stars belong to everyone, they gleam there for you and me.
The flowers in spring, the robins that sing, the sunbeams that shine;
They're yours, they're mine.  And love can come to everyone;
The best things in life are free.


Thought For Today:  Make a joyful noise unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment