Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 February 2019

True Love
“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love” (1 John 4:7-8),

Today’s Morsel:  Most people like to focus on Calvary as true love.  Or they quote John 3:16.  Love really is the test of our being born again.  I find it hard when people tell me that they are born-again and yet their love bank is always depleted.  If God is in us, shouldn't we be the ATM machine that keeps dispensing His love?  If God loved us, shouldn't we love others?  Love flows from a sense of God’s love to us.  John said if we don’t love we don’t know God; for God is love.  Herein is love, he says, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another” (1 John 4:10-11).  Are you the love ATM?

Sing: I love Him. I love Him; because He first loved me. He purchased my salvation on Calvary.


Thought For Today:  True Love…Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment