Monday, February 5, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 February 5

“And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God” (John 1:32-36)
  
Today’s Morsel:  When God told Abraham to offer Isaac on Mount Mariah, Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, "My father: and he said, here am I, my son. And he said, behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, my son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together (Emphasis mine) Genesis 22:7-8.  If you will notice, Abraham said that God would provide Himself a lamb.  In other words, God would become the lamb.  Isaiah prophesied, “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth” (Isaiah 53:7).  When the eunuch was reading this passage in Acts 8, scripture says, “And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus” (Acts 8:34-35).  And John said, “Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God.”  John recognized Him as the Lamb and the one to be followed.  Paul tells us that Jesus was God manifested in flesh.  “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory” (1 Timothy 3:16).  Who do you say that I am, asked Jesus?  You see that is what matters.  Do you know who He is?

Sing: O’ Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God.  I love the Holy Lamb of God.  O’ wash me in Thy precious blood.  My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

Thought For Today: He is our sacrifice for sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment