Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 January 3

“Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war” (Job 38:22-23)?

Today’s Morsel:  I like snow.  And here in Wisconsin where I live, we seem to get our share of it.  I don't think it would be winter if we didn’t have snow.  When Job was going through his troubles, he wanted to see God so he could present his case.  When God began to question Job, God asked him, “Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war.”  God shows us that He has a purpose and plan for everything that He’s created.  Snow here is represented as something which is laid up like a treasure and kept in reserve for use when God will require it.  The simple appeal to Job here is whether he could explain the phenomena of snow and hail.  Could he tell how they were formed?  Where they came from?  How they were preserved, and how they were sent forth to execute the purposes of God?  The idea is that all that pertained to the snow was distinctly understood by God and that these were facts which Job did not know of, and which he could not explain.  Let’s be careful what we may want to ask God.  He may ask us some questions in return that we don’t know the answer to.  So learn to trust God and just enjoy the snow!

Sing:  Have Thine own way Lord, have Thine own way, Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.  Mold me and make me, after Thy Will, while I am waiting yielded and still.

Thought For Today: God’s ways aren’t ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment