Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 January 17

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore” (Psalms 121:1-8).

Today’s Morsel:  I seem to get more calls at the church from people asking for help at Christmas time than any other time of the year.  I wonder if they think that people are more generous during Christmas than at other times?   Where do you look when you need help?  Do you look to the church, others, or do you look to God?  The psalmist said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved.”  He knew where his help came from.  The Lord.  And he said that the Lord would not suffer him to be moved.  As Christians, we should realize that God is our helper, we need to know that our help comes from Him.  The Psalmist tells us, “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me” (Psalms 50:14-15).  Writing to the Hebrews Paul states, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me” (Hebrews 13:5-6).  Do you know where your help comes from?  You can depend on God.

Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be; upon the land or on the raging sea.  For come what may from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over me.
I trust in God, I know He cares for me; upon the land or on the stormy sea.  Though billows roar, He keeps my soul.  My Heavenly Father watches over, over, me.

Thought For Today:  Our help comes from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment