Friday, September 29, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 29

“And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more. And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed: For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf. And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words. And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me” (Genesis 37:5-9)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure that many of you, like me, have awakened in the middle of the night from a dream that you are having and you wonder what’s it all about.  Some of them are great and you may even awaken in laughter, while others awaken you in horror.  When Joseph had his dream, he shared them with his family.  However, there was no laughing about the dreams with his family.  As a matter of fact, Joseph's family became angry at him and his brothers sold him into slavery to get rid themselves of him.  Little did they know that this dream was from the Lord for the protection and provision.  How do you feel when you share your dreams with others?  Sometimes that Deja-Vu feeling you are having when you are talking with someone may be a dream you’ve already experienced.  Sit tight, if it's from God, He will bring it to pass.  

Sing:  I dreamed of a city called Glory, of a city called so bright and so fair. When I entered the gates I cried, "Holy" The angels all met me there: They carried me from mansion to mansion, and oh the sights I saw.  But I said, "I want to see Jesus, The One who died for all."

Then I bowed on my knees and cried, "Holy, Holy, Holy." I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory, Glory to the Son of God."
As I entered the gates of that city, my loved ones all knew me well.  They took me down the streets of Heaven; Such scenes were too many to tell; I saw Abraham, Jacob and Isaac; Talked with Mark, and Timothy.  But I said, I want to see Jesus, cause He’s the one who died for me.

I bowed on my knees and cried, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
Then I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory, Glory to the Son of God."

Thought For Today: Don’t stop dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment