Monday, September 25, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 25

“I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.” (Revelation 2:19)

Today’s Morsel:  When I take my vehicles in for their check-ups, by the time I drive the short distance to my home there is a survey on my email, or someone will call me asking me about the service I received.  They say that great service surprises people.  That’s why I think the most important job in any church isn’t the pastor, but the greeters and the ushers.  People will usually base their experience at church on how they were greeted and treated. If they did not feel a warm welcome as soon as they entered, they may not return.  When I first purchased my vehicle from the dealer who now services it, I think everyone that worked there and saw us, congratulated us.  If members of the church don't greet people, it may be an indication that they don’t want to be there, as the golden rule is still golden.  And then why would a person want to come back.  Jesus said, that he knew our works, and charity, and service, and faith, and our patience, and our works.  And that our last works should be more than our first works.  The longer you stay on a job, the more you should love doing it.  Are you on His team?  He wants us to offer everyone A1 service.  He just might send someone a survey asking how you are doing!

Sing:  When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I’ll cling more close to Him, He will give me light; Satan’s snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord goes ahead, leads wherever betide.
O’ I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace; on the streets of Glory, let me lift my voice; cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

Thought For Today: Great service surprises people

No comments:

Post a Comment