Thursday, September 21, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 September 21

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her” (Ruth 1:16-18).

Today’s Morsel:  Earl Nightingale said, “If you will spend an extra hour each day of study in your chosen field, you will be a national expert in that field in five years or less."   To me, commitment is stick-to-it-ness.  We see this trait of character in both Ruth and the Apostle Paul.  Paul told the church at Rome that nothing would be able to separate him from God’s love (Romans 8:35-39).  And we see this same trait in Ruth when Naomi tried to persuade her to return to her people.  Ruth replied that the only thing that would separate her from Naomi was death.  That’s commitment. What about you?  Are you committed to serving Jesus all the remaining days of your life?  If you are, death won't separate you from Him, but take you to Him!

Sing:  I’m going through, I’m going through, I’ll pay the price, no matter what other’s do; I’ll take the way of the Lord’s despised few; I started out with Jesus, and I’m going through.

Thought For Today:  Commitment: Stick-to-it-ness (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment