Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 4

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."
(Luke 4:18-19)

Today’s Morsel:  The Emancipation Proclamation, signed by President Lincoln in January 1863, declared "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free."  However, many of those slaves chose to remain under their masters for food and shelter, while others accepted their freedom and moved on. Today, so many people who think that they are free, are finding themselves being enslaved by the enemy of their soul.  Drugs, alcohol, body piercing, fornication, teen pregnancy, body tattooing, uncleanliness, and adultery are just some of the ways that Satan is taking people captive at his will (read what Paul says in 2 Timothy 2:26).  But I want you to know that today you can be made free and liberated from the snares of Satan and recover your soul. Jesus said that He came to preach deliverance to the captives.  Do you, or someone you know, need freedom today?  Then the gospel is for them and you.  Jesus paid the price for your freedom.  Today can be your Independence Day.  You don't have to wait!

Sing:  Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorry I felt; but Jesus came and listened to me, glory to God, He set me free.
He set me free, yes, He set me free.  He broke the bonds of prison for me.  I’m glory bound, my Jesus to see.  Glory to God, He set me free.

Thought For Today: Freedom is not free!  Jesus paid the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment