Saturday, July 29, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 29

"Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."  (Ecclesiastes 5:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure that like me, at one time or another you have said things that we wish we could take back.  I’m sure we’ve even uttered things in prayer saying we would do something if God would just answer our prayers, but we didn’t follow through after He did.  We seem to be good at telling God the things that we are going to start doing better than when it comes to actually serving Him, when our backs are up against the wall.  Even Israel was good at telling God that they would obey and live for Him if He rid them of their enemies.  But their words proved to be shallow.  If we aren’t careful, we too can find that our words can be shallow if we aren’t committed to follow through with what we say we are going to do.  I’m sure you’ve heard these phrases: “Practice what you preach”, “Actions speak louder than words”, “Talk is cheap”.   Solomon said that we should be not rash with our mouth, and "let not our heart be hasty to utter anything before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few".  So, I guess that the best thing we can do is  to have a little less talk and a whole lot more action.   

Sing:  I know the Lord will make a way for me, I know that Lord will make a way for me.  If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right.  I know the Lord will make a way for me.

Thought For Today:  Let thy words be few and thine actions more (Parker). 

No comments:

Post a Comment