Friday, July 28, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 July 28

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."  
(Matthew 4:1-4)

Today’s Morsel:  Words to live by are just words, unless we actually live by them.  I believe that we could change the world tomorrow if those who say that they are born-again, would live and act like it.  When Satan tempted Jesus to turn the stones into bread, Jesus told him, citing Deuteronomy 8:3, that it is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."   I conclude that if you are not going to live and do what it says, the Bible is simply another book to you.  

Sing: I want to live the way that He wants me to live, I want to give, until there's no more to give.  I want to love, love till there’s just no more love.  I could never, never out love the Lord.

Thought For Today:  Words to live by are just words, unless we actually live by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment