Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 5

I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. (Job 29:14)

Today’s Morsel:  I think that each of us has a certain item of clothing that we just really like to wear.  It just seems to fit right, feels good, and look good; at least that is what we feel and think when we are wearing it.  And we want it to last forever.  I find myself reflecting on some of my military uniforms that I wore that are now hanging in my library.  I like talking about how I felt when I wore them back in the day.  I’ve even told my wife that I want to be buried in my Dress Blues and a pair of tennis shoes!  I just felt a sense of motivation each time I put those uniforms on.  Job said that he put on righteousness and it clothed him.  I believe that he felt a great comfort knowing that he was doing right, being right, and living right.  I believe that he felt a warmth of God’s love and protection surrounding him each time he put that robe on.  I believe that each time he donned his robe of righteousness and walked down the lane, he walked with a strong gait and a step of courage. What about you?  Do you feel better about yourself when you know that you are doing right, living right, and being right?  Now is not the time to sag in your righteousness.  It’s time to gird up your loins like man.

Sing:  The windows of heaven are open, God's power is falling tonight.  It’s joy, joy, joy in my heart, since Jesus made everything right.  I gave Him my old tattered garments, He gave me a robe of pure white.  I'm feasting on manna from heaven, and that’s why I’m happy tonight.

Thought For Today:  Holiness is right.

1 comment: