Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 4

“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat”
(2 Thessalonians 3:10).

Today’s Morsel:  There are just too many people being encouraged to do wrong.  They are being enabled through some governmental system or service and not being made to work.  Don’t get me wrong, I believe in helping people. But if a person does not desire to help themselves, then the spigot must be turned off.  Paul told the church at Thessalonica that they did not eat any man's bread for nothing; but they worked with labor and travail night and day, that they might not be chargeable to any of them (Emphasis mine, 2 Thessalonians 3:8).  And since they had worked and given them an example, if a man doesn’t work then he shouldn’t eat.  I believe that everyone can do something for the services that they receive.  Whether sitting in a chair ringing the bell during the Salvation Army drive at Christmas, handing out water for runners during special events, or picking up litter along the road, everyone can do something for what is given to them.  Yet if we never share the gospel with people, then we are no better than the system which continues to enable others.  We have freely received, and so we should freely give.  People will never see that Jesus came to give them a better hope and a better life if we do not tell them.  

Sing:  Something beautiful, something good, all of my confusion, Jesus understood; all I had to offer Him, was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.

Thought For Today:  Don’t be an enabler! 

1 comment:

  1. I will commit my works unto the Lord, that my thoughts may be established. And when I do think, I will think on that which is lovely, pure, holy, etc.

    ReplyDelete