Monday, April 24, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 24

“The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words. Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel” (Jeremiah 18:1-6).

Today’s Morsel: When we lived in Japan, some of the places we would to take visiting guests were to some of the pottery houses.  It was always interesting watching them make vessels on the potter’s wheel with the clay.  As you observed them, you wondered how they could make such beautiful things out of simple clay.  God sent Jeremiah to the potter’s house to observe the potter working with the clay while making a vessel.  Jeremiah observed that the vessel the potter made was marred and so he made it again. This is a portrait of our lives.  We are sometimes marred by the things of this world and God may need to make us again.   Jesus’ mission was to seek and to save that which was lost.  You may only have a small crack, but He’s willing to make you again.

Sing:  Make me an instrument an instrument of worship, I lift up my hand’s in Your name.  All glory and honor, to Jesus forever, I lift up my hand’s in Your name.

Thought For Today:  The potter still knows how to make you new.

1 comment: