Friday, January 29, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 January 29

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
(Revelation 2:8-11)

Today’s Morsel:  As I watch God’s word unfold before my very eyes each day, I find myself wondering sometimes when Jesus will return.  From all indications of what I see coming upon the earth, it only makes me wonder if we are going through the tribulation period that God spoke of, or the last days that Paul spoke of.   Pain, suffering, death, killings, prison, poverty, and blasphemy.  Or is it what Paul warned Timothy that would come: “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Timothy 3:1-7).  With so much seeming to be coming against us, how can one stay focused on Christ and what is right?   I find confidence in God’s word, “Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:32-33).  Notice, in the world we are going to have tribulations.  As long as we are still here in this world; evils, harm, troubles, problems, misfortunes, trials, sufferings, and pain are all going to come our way.  But if we can just hold on and be of good cheer until Jesus comes, we are going be just fine.

Sing: “Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still; wave the answer back toward Heaven, “By Thy grace I will.”

Thought For Today:  You can make it if you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment