Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 January 26

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
(Matthew 26:41)

Today's Morsel:  The world in which we live in is so full of temptations that it seems impossible for the child of God to avoid them.  But Jesus said to watch and pray that we would not enter into temptation.  Jesus never said that they were not going to be there.  He said that if we watch and pray, we can recognize them, and not be trapped and ensnared by them.  One of the things that I learned in the military was to always know your surroundings.  In other words, always be alert to where you are and always look for an escape route. Prayer keeps our spiritual man strong.  It is usually our flesh that gives in to temptation because it is weak.  The more we pray, and the more we watch our surroundings, the more likely that we can be remain victorious.

Sing: O, victory in Jesus, My Savior forever, He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood. He loved me ere I knew him and all my love is due Him, He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood.

Thought For Today:  The number one duty of every Christian is prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment