Friday, March 6, 2015

2015 March 6 - Morning Manna

And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest. And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
(Genesis 45:4-8)

Today's Morsel:  Would you act differently or serve God with all your heart  if you knew that what you were going through was ordained of God?  Would you worship and serve God more if He healed you or gave you your request?  I don't think that Joseph knew that all the bad things that were taking place and going on in his life were ordained by God at the first.  But by all accounts, Joseph still did the right thing even in his suffering and pain.  We hear many ministers say that the devil cannot do anything to us without God allowing him to do it.  Like Job.  If that be the case, then why do so many stop serving Him with all their heart when seemingly bad things happen to them?  I'm afraid that some want to be Christians on their terms and not God's.  The first church members and apostles suffered for the name of  Jesus.  Even though Jesus didn't want to drink the cup, He got to the point of 'not my will but Thy will be done'.  In other words, if God is ordaining it, let it happen.  Joseph told his brethren, "And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity (a future generation) in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God."   So the next time you find yourself in a place that you don't want to be, or you are in a suffering that you don't like, ask yourself what God is up to in it.  Just make sure, as Peter said, "let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf" (1 Peter 4:15-16). 

Sing: Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, because He lives, all fear is gone, because I know who holds the future, my life is worth the living just because He lives.

Thought for Today: Every obstacle can be overcome.  You just have to have the faith  to believe that you can.(Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment