Friday, March 13, 2015

2015 March 13 - Morning Manna

For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. (Psalms 36:9)

Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you what are you looking for when you look into a mirror, what would you tell them?  I often wonder, if some folk were to look in the mirror if they would leave home the way that they do. Sometimes, I want to go up to them and say, "Excuse me, but are you aware that your underclothing are showing", or "Excuse me, but did you know that you left home with your pajamas on?"  Don't get me wrong, I love people; yet I do wonder at their actions.  
The psalmist said, with the Lord is a fountain of life.  That being said, we should all be young, excited, and joyful.  Abundant life.  Excitement to live.  Over flowing life.  All we have to do is just drink from the fountain.  Refreshing! Renewing waters of life. You aren't going to find life outside of Christ.  Jesus said "I am come that they might have life." We really were dead until Jesus came and gave us life.  The Psalmist said that in His light we can see light.  If we never read the word of God, we can miss out on all the things God has for us.  Notice, in the light we see light.  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" (Psalms 119:105). "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple" (Psalms 119:130).
"In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world"(John 1:4-9).  "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12).  "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5).  When we look into the Word of God, we see God, because God is light. And it is that same light, that will show us the ways of life perfectly clear.

Sing:  I've got a river of life flowing out of me, it makes the lame to walk, and the blind to see, it opens prison doors, sets the captives free, I've got a river of life flowing out of me.
  
Thought for Today: The Light still leads to the fountain of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment