Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2015 March 3 - Morning Manna

Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. (Psalms 16:1-11)

Today's Morsel: I was listening to a sermon on the radio the other day, and the pastor was telling a story about a man who came home from a church service.  He said that as the man was passing by the pasture, he noticed a donkey with a long gray looking face, and the man said to the donkey, 'You must have been in service with me today.'  In other words, the man left service with no joy.  How would you define joy?  Yes, joy is a feeling of great happiness or pleasure.  But joy is also that inner strength that comes from knowing God.  Nehemiah said that the joy of the Lord is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10); and Isaiah said that with that same joy we can draw waters out of the wells of salvation (Isaiah 12:3).  So shouldn't every believer be filled with joy on a continuous basis?  If we keep Jesus first, others second, and ourselves third, we will always possess joy in our life.   As the psalmist states, "In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  As long as we stay in the presence of God and keep Him first, we will have joy.

Sing:  Somebody told me about the joy they had. Somebody told me that in sorrow I could be glad.  Then they told me that they were bound but now set free, I didn't think it could be, until it happened to me.
 Now I can tell you of the joy I have.  Now I can tell you that in sorrow I can be glad.  Now I can tell you that I was bound but now set free.  I didn't think it could be, until it happened to me.

Thought for TodayJesus first, Others second, You third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment